Thursday, July 26, 2012

Day 121: Heatwave

Krakow has been another very fun city, and with the early mornings and late nights I haven't found much time for the internet. Tuesday was hot and extremely humid. A lot of the people from the hostel decided to go to a nearby lake for the day, but since I only had a few days in Krakow I wanted to explore the city more.

I mostly stuck to two areas: the old city center and Kazimierz, which is the old Jewish Quarter. The city center, as I said before, is full of old gothic buildings and lots of shops, restaurants and bars. Kazimierz is an interesting place. It has a lot of run down old buildings and a lot of the pre-WW2 Jewish architecture, but much of the area has grown into a place for trendy cafes and restaurants and small independent art galleries dot the area.





In the evening I just picked up some drinks at a nearby shop and sat around with others in the hostel common room drinking and talking. I didn't want to stay up too late as I had a long day planned next.

No comments: