Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Day 334: Queenstown

The bus from Franz Josef didn't leave until the afternoon, but it was another nice drive further south, getting deeper into the mountains and woods and parks. We got into Queenstown in the evening around 8pm. Because its surrounded by beautiful mountains and water it's a pretty touristy place, and the city center is full of restaurants, bars and travel companies. I had been planning to do a fairly big hike out of Queenstown, and had planned to get here a day earlier to get the gear I needed and get organized. Unfortunately that got delayed because of the bus being full, so I had a shuttle scheduled for 8am the next morning without a lot of the things still to be figured out. I managed to at least change my shuttle to 12:30pm, which would obviously mean I started the hike later but would give me time in the morning to get organized and buy supplies before I headed out.

No comments: