Sunday, September 23, 2012

Day 182: Hong Kong Last Lap

I didn't have anything on the agenda today, so I just enjoyed my last day in Hong Kong hanging out in Kowloon checking out shops. I had quite a bit of money left over, and in addition to treating myself to a nice lunch I was considering buying some electronics (specifically an external harddrive) to use up the last of it. Ultimately I decided to wait, since I'll be returning to Hong Kong after the month in mainland China. I did buy a fancy new rubix cube (well, a knockoff rubix cube, but a kind that's actually better than the real ones) at one of the markets. I'm still working on my haggling skills, but I got them to knock the price from $280 HK down to $80 HK ($40 to $11). The starting price was ridiculous though, and I'm sure the guy has never actually sold one at that price. I also bought a cheap compass and a pedometer for a combined $22 HK, since both are things I've regretted not having at times.

Not really any pictures for today. I took a few random ones, but not of anything terribly interesting, and it's not worth uploading them right now just for the blog. I did go through and update picasa with all the Hong Kong/Macau pictures, so things there should be pretty much up to date now.

No comments: