Sunday, March 25, 2012

Day 0: Leavin' On A Jet Plane

Sitting around killing time at my departure gate at Pearson for my flight to London.  A few interesting quirks so far.  I had to check my backpack in a special place for oversized luggage despite it being so small.  Apparently the straps on it are a danger to the conveyor belts.  Hope nothing unusual happens, because losing that would be a rather rocky start to the trip. I also had to open up my carry-on at the security check because my tablet drew concern.  The guy at the xray drop-off said it was fine to leave a tablet in, but apparently not.  No major issues though.  I caved in and bought a few british pounds in the airport for their huge markup just so I have a bit of a cushion the first day until I get things figured out.

Hope everybody has a great year and takes care of themselves!  At least one (see above) can't bare to see me leave!



Looking overly Canadian.




4 comments:

Linda said...

I noticed that after a brief discussion with the check-in guy, that you picked up your backpack again and went behind the scene--I was still waiting for Mike to circle around. Like the picture of Beckham, yeah, he probably won't miss you--he's too independent to miss anyone. Have a great time in London--I'LL miss you.

Jess said...

What, you don't have a picture of Beckham in your suitcase?

iphynx said...

Suitcases are for the weak.

Unknown said...

Very Canadian, I'm assuming that was by design?