Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Final Plans

I'm planning to figure out large portions of the trip as I go so as to not lock myself into things too much, but some things I'm still booking up in advance.  Some things I just need to do in advance because they're unavailable any other way, and others are just to reduce stress while I'm travelling.  Currently the biggest headache outstanding is the fact that a few countries I'm visiting in the autumn require visas that will have expired if I get them now.  This means that I'm going to have to try to get these visas while abroad - which will be complicated further that in many cases countries prefer/require you to apply for the visa from your home country.  All I can do right now is hope that I can figure things out while I'm travelling, but I'm going to be paying for some things in the country in advance of knowing if I can get the visa for it, so it could get messy if I run into trouble.
I got my new credit card today, which will take advantage of the large amount of card purchases I'll be making, and help out a bit with travel costs.


The only few things I have left to do now are use the new card to buy a few tours I've been holding off on, and booking some place to stay for the first week of my trip so that I'll have at least that much figured out.  I have all my rail passes for Europe ready to go now, so at least the first 4 months or so shouldn't have any major obstacles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should see if you can have a friend or family member file for visas on your behalf here in Canada. Or possibly you could fill out the forms and mail them into Canada for processing?

They're probably pretty strict but it couldn't hurt to check with them and see what can be done.

Anonymous said...

First Post ^

Joe