Friday, March 30, 2012

Day 5: Experiments in GPSing

My right leg is still pretty sore and I have a lot of walking planned for tomorrow so I didn't want to do anything too extreme today. I decided to try out the GPS today. It doesn't have any street maps in it so it isn't very good for finding things, but it is quite excellent at helping me find my way home again since I can set my starting point as a waypoint when I leave and then just work my way back to it. I wandered down the nearby Fulham Road as it has a lot of shops and restaurants along it. Apparently it also has a pretty extensive street market on Fridays that sells fresh fruit, vegetables, fish, baking etc as well as clothing and other items.



I then just wandered aimlessly until my leg started to hurt again and headed back. I've covered probably 80km so far on foot, and will probably add to that a fair bit tomorrow. It was also the "worst" day so far, which still meant sunny all day but only a high of 14 or so.


Heading out with some other people from the hostel for drinks in a few minutes, so I thought I should write something before I head off since it might be late when I get back. Should have some pretty awesome pictures tomorrow, although some will appreciate them more than others.

No comments: