Thursday, January 17, 2013

Days 293: Brunswick & Smith

I'd spent a lot of my first couple of days in Melbourne wandering around the main rectangle of the city center, and felt it was time to venture to a different part of the city. Another of my Melbourne friends had recommended a particular part of the city, Fitzroy, around Smith Street and Brunswick Street (as well as many, many other suggestions) as being a particularily cultural part of the city full of interesting little shops, galleries, restaurants and bars. Not surprisingly this artistic and cultural influence also caused it to be another area full of street art. I didn't have a map figured out for this part, but there was enough around that it didn't require too much effort to find lots of art and I'm sure I missed huge amounts of it.

I don't really have too much else to say about the day. It was the first day of any real heat in Melbourne, but it was still a nice day to be out. I'm going to save most of the art for the next post summarizing all the street art, but here's one of the more iconic pieces of the area - the Fitzroy Everfresh mural.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Seems very cool, I should probably travel to except that I'm a cheap skate ;) guess I will have to live through other peoples experiences.