Saturday, January 12, 2013

Day 288: Travelling and Waiting

I got up early in the morning to take the first ferry off the island. Since we were on the far edge of town, I was the first on board and got to enjoy a nice ride seeing all the buildings along the island as we picked more people up.



Once on the mainland I had to squeeze into a van with 7 other people, none of whom spoke english fluently and 3 of whom were really argumentative about everything for the ride back to Medan. Luckily the ride that took about 7 hours getting in only took about 4 getting back, but this meant that I got to the airport about 8 hours before my flight. The Medan airport isn't exactly full of amenities, so it was a long wait. I mostly just worked through more of the book I'm reading.

The Kuala Lumpur LCCT airport is south of the city, in the direction I was going anyway. Once I got to the airport it was around 1am, and the bus I wanted to take south to Melacca didn't leave until 9am, so it was time for some more waiting. There were more things open here at least, and room to wander around a bit and to try to sleep, but it was a long day and night.

No comments: