Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 215: Layover

The trip from Hong Kong to Delhi was pretty straight forward, but complicated somewhat by a substantial layover and my being sick. I left Hong Kong at around 8:30am, flew to Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia isn't exactly between Hong Kong and India, but this was the cheapest way to get there), sat in the airport there for about 6 hours, then continued on to Delhi. Between the flight times, layover and time zone shifts it was almost 10pm by the time I got through immigration in New Delhi, but luckily the hotel I had booked provided me with a free pickup at the airport which simplified things considerably. Since rooms in India tend to be very cheap I got a private single room instead of staying in the dorm and as soon as I could I headed straight to bed.

No comments: