Friday, August 10, 2012

Day 138: Nothing To Say

Very quick one. I've made it to my hostel in Stockholm. It was a fairly long train ride, and I underestimated the distance from the station to the hostel and walked what I really should have taken a bus for. I believe this replaces somewhere around Loch Ness in Scotland as the furthest north I've ever been.

I didn't really take any pictures, since it's not terribly fun when I have my bags. I'm planning to just stay in this evening and plan out what I want to do. Depending on how much I get through tomorrow I can either stay another day in the city exploring or, since I still have a few days of travel on my train pass, take a train somewhere for a day trip.

I must say though, even though things cost a bit more, the Scandanavian hostels seem to be pretty top notch in general. I don't mind paying a bit more for accomodations if the quality is good, it's just paying so much more for food that really bothers me.

2 comments:

Jess said...

You probably have already heard of this, but the Stockholm subway system is a giant art gallery that you can see for the price of a subway fare.

iphynx said...

I didn't know that. Unfortunately, with only 2 days in Stockholm I'm not sure I'll have time to explore the subway stations all that thoroughly.